The present Church building was opened on 26th October 1821, the cost £2,270! The spire of the Church was struck by lightning and completely destroyed on 23rd July, 1876. The only material link we have with the old church is the old sandstone baptismal font. It was lost for a number of years, found in a pigsty, where it was being used as a feeding trough, cleaned and rededicated. It is still used for baptisms today.